Time for something different ...
This was a book 'intervention' project I did for Uni..
We had to create a piece using or utilizing a book..
I went to an antique shop called Relics down Otago Lane in Glasgow's West End where I found two volumes of an old Imperial Lexicon from the 1800's .. expecting some terrifying defensive ghosts to pop out as i tried to rip it apart, i opted first to create a clay model hand.. its made with air-drying clay and some modelling tools.. i used some wire mesh as an armature/skeleton then kind of wrapped it in two flat slabs of clay, the rest is a sort of hazy blur but after a few hours of careful attention it looked like the first two pictures! then resorted to goring the middle of the book out with two (one snapped) stanley blades.. really enjoyed this project and totally amazed at how well the hand turned out... its in no way perfect i know but considering its a first venturing with clay, i'm pretty pleased with it.